The S.W.A.S.H. Go replaces previous the original S.W.A.S.H. Low Profile orthosis. The S.W.A.S.H. (Sitting Walking and Standing Hip Orthosis) Go, like the Low Profile, is a metal pelvic section hip orthosis that is anatomically shaped for comfort. This pelvic section orthosis also offers variable controlled thigh abduction – 123˚ required for sitting and 115˚ for wheelchair bound candidates.
The aluminium posterior frame extends from approximately L2/L3 to S1/S2, with an iliac extension, making it ideal for thoracic and pelvic support for candidates with higher muscle tone. The S.W.A.S.H. Go rests over the pelvis and is secured in position anteriorly with a double strap over a plastic reinforced belly pad, allowing for symmetrical application. Overlap design of the thigh cuff closures allow for easy application and removal. The posterior joints are shaped as to avoid interference with walking/standing/sitting aids.
The S.W.A.S.H. Go is provides pelvic stability and is able to control scissoring gait and when patient has limited space between the iliac crest and the rib cage.
Sizing: the pelvic section and uprights are measure separately and is available in sizes 1-6.
- Stronger brace
- Patients with higher muscle tone
- Metal pelvic section that is anatomically shaped for comfort
- Closes anteriorly with a double strap over a plastic reinforced belly pad
- Posterior joint are shaped as to avoid interference with walking/standing/sitting aids
- 2 different angle options for the upright selection:
- 123? angled uprights ? more abduction required for sitting
- 115? angled uprights – wheelchair bound/tight adductor muscles
- Please refer to the Clinical manual for listed indications and contra indications
Sizing and specifications
- The pelvic section and uprights are measure separately and is available in sizes 1-6.